Activation is a specialist marketing agency. We help leading FMCG brands drive sales using an applied mix of digital brand marketing, shopper marketing and sales promotion.
We are at an exciting stage in our journey, after 10 years in business and with a unique set of capabilities and a prestigious client roster, which includes Nestlé, William Grant & Sons, SC Johnson, Branston Pickle, Ocean Spray and many more household names.
Recently, we revised our business strategy and this is working well, alongside building some very exciting case studies in our sector.
Activation has weathered the worst of the Covid impact in 2020 and now our eyes are firmly set back on our growth plan.
An important driver to achieve our immediate and long term growth plans is to build our business around existing client relationships, making the most of our growing roster of clients and building plans to enhance and grow these existing relationships.
In this role, this will be achieved through you leading the following –
- Delivering client satisfaction, excellent service, great work and fantastic results
- Supporting, leading and growing our client services team – capabilities, knowledge, skills, confidence amd excellence
- Smart thinking – providing valuable advice, insightful ideas and clever solutions to address our clients and our own business challenges
- Excellent Commercial rigour – you’ll be at home with forecasting, profitability, revenue, utilisation and growth
Working with the agency directors, you will be jointly responsible for the client development strategy and be building new connections across our existing clients. We have a number of large accounts that offer development potential and also a number of accounts that work on a project by project basis, where continued relationship building is key to our success.
- Maximise existing account growth by creating client development plans to widen our relationships within our existing clients and deliver our agency commercial targets.
- Understand future requirements and plans with our key clients and build and deliver a strategy and plan to help them achieve their objectives using Activation’s services
- Build relationships with our more ‘project based’ clients to also understand future requirements and plans and opportunities to introduce Activation’s services where appropriate.
- Maintain a strategic overview of each key account, key people, opportunities, timings.
- Support in the on-boarding of new clients from commercial development through to campaign execution.
Wider aspects to the role
Using your expertise and experience in digital/shopper/sales promotion strategy, you will also be involved with the wider agency work –
- Support with digital/shopper/sales promotion strategy for all key accounts.
- Support with ideas and creative development
- Pitching and presenting
As you might expect, working as a member of the leadership team, you will also be involved with wider aspects of the agency – including Business Planning, HR, Marketing, Training, Finance & New Business.
Ideally, you’ll come from a senior client service/account management role in a marketing agency and have the following skills –
Essential – FMCG sector experience
Desirable – Digital marketing, shopper marketing, sales promotion experience
Essential – Senior agency client services/account management experience, at senior account director/GAD or CSD level, working in digital marketing with recognised brands (ideally FMCG)
Essential – Managing and leading client business – developing account plans, strategy, commercials and reviews
Essential – Supervision/management and structuring of client service teams
Essential – Legal right to work in the UK on the commencement of employment.
- Excellent salary, pension scheme, plus annual bonus. Longer-term options will also be discussed with the right candidate
- 25 days holiday
- Hybrid working/flexible hours
- Quarterly socials and ‘connect with nature’ afternoons
- Individual learning and development plans
We are based in Bristol – our offices are on the vibrant harbourside. We are in the office at least 3 days per week, with a flexible working policy.
The long term view and benefits
We’ve been going and growing for over 10 years and have a fantastic, committed and hugely talented team. We are now planning the next stage of our journey and the exciting opportunities this brings.
This is a senior role, and we will offer a very competitive salary which is dependent on the experience of the person coming into the business. We also offer an additional performance-related bonus.
Looking longer term – as an independent agency, the longer term possibilities for this role and the right person are uncapped. If you are looking for something interesting, with a long term view, this role could be for you.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
How to apply
To apply, please make sure you fit the person spec, and then send your CV and covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Client Services Director’ in the subject line. Closes 15 October 2021
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
NO AGENCIES PLEASE – we have great partners here already!